Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine specializes in the treatment and prevention of sports and activity related conditions. When you live an active lifestyle you run the risk of suffering from a condition as a result of injury, disease, or the normal process of aging, disuse, or overuse. Our providers are committed to helping our patients overcome and avoid these conditions through proper diagnosis, treatment, and education on best practices that can significantly reduce their chance of future injury.
Sports Medicine Conditions We Treat
Through our sports medicine services, we focus on injuries affecting the hip, knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow, and more. Our team of experts specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of sports related injuries and conditions, including:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tendinitis, overuse and bursitis
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Wrist Sprains and Strains
- Ankle Sprains and Strains
- Anterior Knee Pain
- PCL Injuries
- ACL Injuries
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Impingement
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Patellar Tendon Tears
- Patellar Tendinitis
- Meniscus Injuries
- Knee Ligament and Tendon Tears
- Cartilage Injuries/Defects
Our goal at Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is to help patients regain their strength and flexibility through the use of conservative measures. However, at times an injury or condition may warrant a more invasive course of treatment, such as minimally-invasive or open surgical procedures.
- Non-Surgical Treatment Methods: Before surgery is recommended to treat a sports related injury or condition, our providers may first recommend a non-surgical approach, such as:
- Viscosupplementation injections
- Cortisone injections.
- Physical therapy
- Short-term medications
- Minimally-Invasive Procedures: In cases where surgery is necessary to repair damage as a result of injury or an underlying condition, the providers at Paris Orthopedics may suggest a minimally-invasive procedure. Through the use of advanced techniques and instruments, most minimally invasive surgeries are able to be performed as outpatient procedures, meaning you get to go home the same day. Additionally, recovery time is much less than that of more invasive surgeries of the past, meaning you may be able to return to your activity of choice quicker.
- Open Surgical Procedures: If a more invasive open surgical procedure is recommended, you will be in good hands with the professional surgeons at Paris Orthopedics. Our experts are dedicated to having you back in the game in no time.
When to Visit a Doctor
If you have experienced an injury as a result of an activity or sport, it is wise to be evaluated by a professional, especially if the pain has not subsided after a few days time. Even if you consider your condition to be minor, it may be more severe than what meets the eye. Proper diagnosis and treatment can make the difference in sitting out for a game versus sitting out for the season. Contact a medical professional immediately if you experience any of the below:
- Inability to move or bear weight on the injured body part
- Injury to a body part that has been injured in the past
- Appearance of red streaks
- Tenderness to the touch
Learn More About Paris Orthopedics
The experts at Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine understand the frustration that comes along with a sports related injury. That is why they strive to offer solutions to treat patients and prevent future injury. Whether you are a competitive athlete or a weekend warrior, let Paris Orthopedics help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.