If you are experiencing pain in or around the knee, you may benefit from an appointment with the knee experts at Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. Our expert providers specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of knee conditions of all severity levels, from sprains to torn ACLs. No injury or condition is too large or too small.
Knee Conditions We Treat
At Paris Orthopedics, we are experts in a wide variety of knee injuries and conditions. Below are a few of the most common conditions we treat:
- Ligament Injuries
- Meniscal Tears
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Patella Dislocation
Depending upon the source of your pain, our expert physicians may opt for non-surgical, minimally invasive, or open surgical procedures when necessary.
- Non-Surgical Treatment Methods: Non-surgical treatment methods for knee pain may include one or a combination of the following:
- Corticosteroid injections
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Physical Therapy
- Exercise and Stretching
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Viscosupplementation injections
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: Paris Orthopedics prefers to use conservative surgical methods when warranted. In many cases, knee surgeries can be performed using minimally invasive measures, resulting in less side effects and quicker recovery times. Most often knee surgeries are performed as an arthroscopic surgery, meaning a small camera and instruments are inserted through small incisions in the knee.
- Open Surgical Procedures: When necessary, a more invasive procedure may be recommended to treat conditions of the knee. Open surgery may be necessary for total or partial knee replacements, ACL surgery, and more. However, even if an open procedure is necessary, you can rest assured that our knee experts will have you back on your feet as soon as possible.
When To Visit a Doctor For Knee Pain
If your knee pain occurs as a result of an injury, or if it persists for more than several days, it is wise to consult with a knee expert. If you knee pain occurs in combination with any of the symptoms below, contact a doctor immediately. These symptoms include:
- Tenderness and/or warmth around the knee joint
- Inability to walk or bend knee
- Intense pain
- Appearance of a deformed joint
Contact Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Today!
If you are experiencing knee pain, look no further than Paris Orthopedics. Our team of knee experts will give you the level of care you deserve and help you put your knee pain behind you. Learn more about our providers and schedule an appointment today.