From writing, to driving, to eating, we use our hands and arms for many daily tasks. Hand and elbow pain can make these everyday tasks daunting and uncomfortable. Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine specializes in hand and elbow conditions and is dedicated to providing relief to patients. Therefore, if you are suffering from hand and elbow pain, let Paris Orthopedics’ hand and elbow specialists help.
Hand and Elbow Conditions We Treat
There are a variety of conditions that affect the hand, wrist, and elbow. At Paris Orthopedics, we are experts in a wide array of these conditions, such as:
- Mallet Finger
- Trigger Finger
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Fingertip Injuries
- Hand and Wrist Fractures
- Elbow Fractures or Ligamentous Injury
- Vascular Conditions
- Olecranon Bursitis
- Ulnar Neuropathy
- Tendon Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Ganglion Cyst
- Loose Body in the Elbow
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Medial Epicondylitis
Depending upon your diagnosis, your hand and elbow expert will recommend an appropriate course of treatment. Treatment methods may include non-surgical, minimally-invasive, and open surgical procedures.
- Non-Surgical Treatment Methods: Before surgery is recommended, our providers may first treat your hand and elbow pain with one of the following non-surgical treatment methods:
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Elbow wraps or elbow pads
- Antibiotics for any infections
- Physical therapy
- Modification of activities
- Hand therapy
- Minimally-Invasive Procedures: If non-surgical methods are ineffective, your hand and elbow specialist may suggest a minimally-invasive procedure to treat your condition. At Paris Orthopedics, we utilize the latest technology and tools to provide our patients with the most advanced non-invasive surgical options available. Minimally Invasive hand and elbow procedures offer many benefits to patients, such as quicker recovery times and the ability to return home the same day as surgery, in most cases.
- Surgical Procedures: When deemed necessary, your hand or elbow pain may require a more invasive surgical procedure to correct the source of pain. If this is the case, you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands with the professional surgeons at Paris Orthopedics.
When To Visit a Doctor For Hand and Elbow Pain
If you are experiencing pain that does not resolve on its own within a few weeks time, or if you experience an injury to the hand, wrist, or elbow, it is best to schedule an appointment with a hand and elbow specialist. Additionally, if you experience any of the below symptoms, contact your doctor immediately. These symptoms include:
- Swelling of the tendons or joints
- Bumps or deformities
- Numbness and stiffness
- Restricted range of motion
Contact Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Today!
Hand and Elbow pain can be uncomfortable. If you are suffering from a condition of the hand, wrist, or elbow, let our expert providers help. Learn more about our team of knowledgeable professionals and schedule an appointment today.