Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine specializes in the treatment of hip pain and hip injuries. In many cases, hip pain that occurs along the outside of the hip is associated with the soft tissues that surround the hip joint, such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments. At times, hip pain may be associated with the lower back or sacroiliac joints. In order to determine the source of your pain, the hip experts at Paris Orthopedics will consider many factors, such as location of your pain, hip mobility, and severity of pain.
Hips Conditions We Treat
We treat a variety of hip conditions from sports related injuries to rheumatoid arthritis. If you are suffering from one of the conditions below, you may benefit from an appointment with one of our hip experts. We specialize in the treatment of many conditions of the hip, such as:
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Dislocation
- Hip Labral Tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Depending upon the source of your pain, our expert physicians may opt for non-surgical, minimally invasive, or open surgical procedures when necessary.
- Non-Surgical Treatment Methods: Non-surgical treatment methods for hip pain may include one or a combination of the following:
- Corticosteroid Injections
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Physical Therapy
- Exercise and Stretching
- Gout medications
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: When possible, the hip experts at Paris Orthopedics prefer to use minimally invasive surgical approaches, which provide many benefits to patients, such as reduced recovery time when compared to open surgery. A common minimally invasive hip procedure performed by the hip experts at Paris Orthopedics is an Arthroscopy, which uses a narrow incision and a small camera to diagnose and treat a wide variety of hip problems.
- Open Surgical Procedures: When necessary, a more invasive procedure may be recommended to treat a hip problem, such as an Osteotomy. However, even if an open procedure is necessary, our hip surgeons are dedicated to hip preservation and having you up and moving as quickly as possible.
Went To Visit a Doctor For Hip Pain
If you are experiencing hip pain that is chronic in nature or occurs in combination with a symptom below, contact a doctor immediately. Seek medical attention for hip pain associated with the following:
- Inability to move your leg or hip
- Extreme pain
- An injury resulting in joint deformity
- An injury where sudden swelling occurs
- Signs of infection
Contact Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Today!
Don’t let hip pain slow you down. Contact Paris Orthopedics today to be evaluated by a top-notch hip expert. Learn more about our team and schedule an appointment today!